The laboratory offers the following services:
- Visual control: aimed at validating both the internal and external surface of the container.
- Hydrostatic test: after the visual inspection, the container is subjected to a pressure test with an incompressible liquid (water or oil) at a pressure which depends on the operating pressure of the container. After this pressure a further visual inspection must be carried out to ensure that the container is not permanently deformed or damaged.
- Ultrasonic (US) inspection: In some cases, the hydrostatic test is replaced or supplemented by a measurement of the thickness of the cylinder walls.
- Pneumatic test: Depending on the requirements of certain manufacturers or users, we proceed to pressure build-up using an inert gas. The leakage is then checked by maintaining the pressure on the pressure gauge and using a "1000 Bulles" type leak detector.
- Additional markings: In the diving world, gas usage is changed regularly. We stamp an official mark on the cylinders in accordance with the previously required regulations.
Bottles that we check
- Steel, composite and aluminium cylinders.
- Steel, composite and aluminium firefighter cylinders.
- Steel, composite, aluminium, forged and welded stainless steel cylinders for the transport of industrial gases.
- Stainless steel, aluminium welded cylinders for aero states (hot-air balloons).
- Steel, composite, aluminium cylinders for aircrafts
- Tanks and reservoirs, LPG LPI
- CNG cylinders
- The buffer bottles
- Cylinder racks
- Stainless steel sample bottles
- Various assemblies requiring a test and a water-tightness certificate
- Safety cylinder (type SIGRI)